Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 14 G 25 mph
- Barometer30.25 in (1024.8 mb)
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill36°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport (KCHO)
Lat: 38.14 Lon: -78.45 Elev: 623ft.
3 Miles SSE Charlottesville VA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 45. Southwest wind around 8 mph.
- Tonight Snow likely after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 30. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 4pm. High near 35. Calm wind becoming northeast 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly before 9pm. Low around 33. North wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 44. West wind 5 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 40.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 45.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Albemarle County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE