Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.37 in
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility2.00 mi
Current conditions at
Winchester Regional (KOKV)
Lat: 39.15 Lon: -78.15 Elev: 728ft.
2 Miles SE Strasburg VA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Freezing rain and sleet, becoming all freezing rain after 10pm. Temperature rising to around 32 by 5am. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime ice accumulation of 0.2 to 0.4 of an inch possible. Total nighttime sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Rain or freezing rain before 1pm, then a chance of rain between 1pm and 4pm. High near 48. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain between 11pm and 3am, then a slight chance of snow after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 26. West wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Snow likely, mainly between 10am and 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Northwest wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Shenandoah County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE