Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 3 MPH
- Barometer29.95 in
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lat: 39.31667 Lon: -120.13333 Elev: 5899ft.
4 Miles NNE Truckee CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Scattered flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. Southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Scattered flurries before 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. South wind around 5 mph becoming east in the morning.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the evening.
- Friday A 40 percent chance of snow showers, mainly after 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 26. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Friday Night Snow. Low around 20. West wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Lake Tahoe Area, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE