Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
- Wind SpeedNW 6 km/h
- Barometer30.45 in (1032.6 mb)
- Dewpoint-4°C (25°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Morgantown Municipal-Hart Field (KMGW)
Lat: 39.64 Lon: -79.92 Elev: 1240ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near -1. Northwest wind 11 to 13 km/h.
- Tonight A slight chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Snow likely before 1pm, then snow and freezing rain. High near -1. Light northeast wind becoming east 6 to 11 km/h in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of a centimeter possible. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 centimeters possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain before 1am, then rain. Low around -3. South wind 10 to 13 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 cm possible.
- Monday Rain likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 5. Southwest wind 11 to 21 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between 5 and 7.5 mm possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow, mainly before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2.5 mm possible.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near -1.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near -4.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near -3.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -9.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 1.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Somerset County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE