Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.38 in
- Dewpoint-16°C (3°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Kremmling/McElroy Field (K20V)
Lat: 40.05 Lon: -106.36 Elev: 7411ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near -4. Southwest wind around 14 km/h, with gusts as high as 24 km/h.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -21. Calm wind.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near -1. Wind chill values as low as -26. Calm wind.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -18. Calm wind.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near -1. Light and variable wind becoming west 9 to 14 km/h in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 24 km/h.
- Friday Night A 10 percent chance of snow after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -13.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near -3.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -14.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 1.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -12.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 0.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -13.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -1.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Grand and Summit Counties Below 9000 Feet, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE