Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 10 mph
- Barometer30.07 in
- Dewpoint33°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill29°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Altoona-Blair County Airport (KAOO)
Lat: 40.3 Lon: -78.32 Elev: 1480ft.
2 Miles ENE Concord PA
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon Rain. High near 40. Southwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, snow, and sleet before 1am, then a chance of snow. Low around 27. North wind around 8 mph becoming southeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 32. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow before 1pm, then snow and sleet. High near 27. Light and variable wind becoming east 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain. Low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Perry County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE