Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 9 mph
- Barometer30.36 in (1028.8 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Harrisburg, Capital City Airport (KCXY)
Lat: 40.23 Lon: -76.85 Elev: 348ft.
6 Miles N Plainfield PA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 22. West wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 12. West wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Snow. High near 32. East wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Snow and sleet likely before 1am, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cumberland County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE