Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 5 mph
- Barometer29.69 in (1005.6 mb)
- Dewpoint38°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Harrisburg, Capital City Airport (KCXY)
Lat: 40.23°N Lon: 76.85°W Elev: 348ft.
6 Miles N Plainfield PA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near 53. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Tonight Cloudy, with a low around 42. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. High near 46. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain and snow showers likely before 11pm, then a chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 11. Wind chill values as low as -2. Blustery, with a northwest wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 23 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Saturday A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 48. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cumberland County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE