Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 12 mph
- Barometer30.21 in
- Dewpoint3°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill5°F (-15°C)
Current conditions at
State College (KUNV)
Lat: 40.86 Lon: -77.83 Elev: 1240ft.
6 Miles SE Lanse PA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -5. West wind around 15 mph.
- Friday A slight chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 25. Wind chill values as low as -5. West wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday Night Snow likely after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Snow. High near 26. East wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night Snow. Low around 24. East wind 5 to 7 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday A chance of snow, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29.
- Tuesday Night Cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Centre, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE