Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.66 in (1005.9 mb)
- Dewpoint35°F (2°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
Current conditions at
New Castle Municipal Airport (KUCP)
Lat: 41.03°N Lon: 80.41°W Elev: 1070ft.
3 Miles W Portersville PA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A chance of showers, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 43. East wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Rain before 3pm, then rain and snow between 3pm and 4pm, then rain, snow, and sleet after 4pm. Temperature falling to around 27 by 5pm. North wind 9 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Wednesday Night Snow with areas of blowing snow before midnight, then areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow between midnight and 5am, then a slight chance of snow after 5am. Low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -7. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow showers before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as -12. West wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. West wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Friday Night A chance of rain before 2am, then a chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lawrence County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE