Severe thunderstorms forecast this evening into tonight
Scattered severe storms with wind and hail will occur this evening and tonight from the central Plains east-northeast to southern Lake Michigan. A cluster of severe storms is possible over the Black Hills region, and more isolated wind and hail storms may occur over interior portions of the Pacific Northwest.
17NM ESE New Haven CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRES WILL CONTINUE TO MOVE E OVERNIGHT AS A COLD FRONT APPROACHES
FROM THE W. THE FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS FROM WED NIGHT INTO THU...FOLLOWED
BY BUILDING HIGH PRES ON FRI. THE HIGH WILL WEAKEN ON SAT...THEN LOW
PRES PASSING TO THE SE WILL IMPACT THE AREA ON SUNDAY.
- Overnight SW wind around 9 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SSW wind 8 to 12 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less building to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind 5 to 9 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 9pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Patchy fog after midnight. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday N wind around 7 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night NE wind around 6 kt becoming N after midnight. A slight chance of showers before midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday N wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW around 6 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SSW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE