Flash flooding threat continues from the Great Basin across the southern Plains
The wet pattern in place will continue from the Great Basin across the central and southern Rockies into the southern Plains into Wednesday. Ample monsoonal moisture with a frontal boundary in place will allow for shower and thunderstorm development with locally heavy rainfall at times. The heavier showers could lead to flash flooding in some areas, especially urban areas and burn scars.
17NM ESE New Haven CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisWEAK HIGH PRES WILL SLOWLY BUILD OFFSHORE THROUGH WED NIGHT. THE
HIGH WILL REMAIN OFFSHORE INTO SUNDAY...AS A FRONTAL BOUNDARY
SLOWLY EDGES WESTWARD TOWARD THE WATERS.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW 5 to 8 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind 6 to 8 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday SSW wind 6 to 9 kt increasing to 9 to 12 kt in the afternoon. Isolated showers, then scattered showers and thunderstorms after 10am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night SW wind 6 to 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday S wind 5 to 9 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night S wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. A chance of showers after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday ENE wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE