NWS launches Spring Safety Campaign
Though much of the nation is still under a deep freeze, more typical spring weather is on the horizon, and with it the threat of severe weather, flooding and other hazards. As part of our effort to build a Weather-Ready Nation, NWS is launching its Spring Seasonal Safety Campaign, with information to help you know your risk, take action and be a Force of Nature this spring.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
12NM ESE New Haven CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING...
- SynopsisLOW PRES WILL DEEPEN OVER THE MARITIMES TODAY. HIGH PRES WILL BUILD
OVER THE WATERS TONIGHT AND DRIFT E OF THE AREA LATE TUE. A FRONTAL
SYSTEM IMPACTS THE WATERS TUE NIGHT THROUGH THU. HIGH PRES THEN
BUILDS IN FOR FRI.
- Tonight WNW wind 11 to 14 kt decreasing to 8 to 11 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 8 kt in the afternoon. Snow likely, mainly after 5pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night SSE wind 6 to 11 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Snow and sleet before midnight, then rain and sleet between midnight and 2am, then rain after 2am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday WSW wind 5 to 9 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming WNW 8 to 13 kt in the evening. A chance of rain before 9pm, then a chance of rain and sleet between 9pm and midnight, then a chance of snow after midnight. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday NNW wind around 13 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. A chance of snow. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night NW wind 11 to 13 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday NW wind 6 to 9 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night WSW wind 6 to 9 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE