Rainfall and mountain snow will continue across the western U.S. into Monday
Heavy precipitation along the west coast will persist with a focus along the Coastal Ranges and Cascades. While not nearly as impressive as recent days, the forecast suggests another 1 to 3 inches of rainfall is possible across this region. Farther inland, moderate to heavy snow is likely over the Wasatch and Colorado Rockies with 1 to 2 foot amounts possible through Monday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
12NM ESE New Haven CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE REMAINS NORTHEAST THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT AS LOW PRESSURE
APPROACHES FROM THE SOUTH. THE WAVE OF LOW PRESSURE WEAKENS WHILE
MOVING NORTH TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT. A MORE SIGNIFICANT STORM
SYSTEM AFFECTS THE AREA TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH EARLY CHRISTMAS DAY
WITH A COLD FRONT PASSING THROUGH LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY
MORNING. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN LATE THURSDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.
- Overnight NNE wind around 8 kt. Scattered flurries before 4am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday ENE wind 7 to 9 kt. A slight chance of rain after noon. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night E wind around 9 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday E wind 5 to 7 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night E wind around 6 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday SSE wind 6 to 10 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night S wind 10 to 13 kt increasing to 16 to 19 kt after midnight. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Christmas Day W wind 16 to 19 kt, with gusts as high as 29 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday Night W wind 15 to 18 kt decreasing to 10 to 13 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 28 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 3 ft subsiding to 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE