Severe weather possible from Upper Midwest across Ohio Valley and into central Appalachians, as well as for parts of Desert Southwest
Scattered severe thunderstorms are expected to develop Thursday afternoon and evening over parts of the Upper Midwest and Ohio Valley and into the central Appalachians. Damaging wind and large hail are the main threats for this area. Meanwhile, storms with large hail and strong winds will also be possible across parts of the Desert Southwest, specifically over the lower Colorado River Valley.
17NM ESE New Haven CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN NORTH OF THE AREA TODAY INTO
TONIGHT...WITH AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE MOVING TOWARD THE WATERS.
HIGH PRESSURE THEN BUILDS IN FRIDAY AND REMAINS OVER THE REGION
THROUGH THE WEEKEND.
- This Afternoon SE wind around 8 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 5 to 7 kt becoming E after midnight. Isolated showers after 8pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday E wind around 11 kt. A slight chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night E wind around 10 kt. A chance of sprinkles. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday E wind around 13 kt. A chance of sprinkles before 10am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night ESE wind 9 to 11 kt becoming NE after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday NE wind 9 to 11 kt becoming ESE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night SSE wind 6 to 9 kt becoming E after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday NE wind around 9 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE