Nor'easter to impact East Coast Thanksgiving travel
An active weather pattern is shaping up across the eastern U.S. as a nor'easter continues to be forecast to move up the East Coast through early Thursday. This storm will bring precipitation up and down the coast, mostly in the form of rain along coastal areas, with snow expected farther inland. These conditions are expected to impact Thanksgiving travel conditions on Wednesday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
17NM ESE New Haven CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH
- SynopsisWEAK HIGH PRESSURE BRIEFLY BUILDS ACROSS THE WATERS TONIGHT.
DEEPENING LOW PRESSURE OFF THE MID ATLANTIC COAST ON WEDNESDAY WILL
MOVE IN A NORTHEAST DIRECTION AND PASS SOUTHEAST OF LONG ISLAND
WEDNESDAY NIGHT. THE LOW HEADS UP INTO THE CANADIAN MARITIMES
THURSDAY. HIGH PRESSURE THEN BUILDS IN BEHIND THE DEPARTING LOW FOR
THE END OF THE WEEK. A WARM FRONT MOVES THROUGH EARLY
SUNDAY...FOLLOWED BY A COLD FRONTAL PASSAGE LATE SUN NIGHT.
- Overnight N wind around 8 kt. A slight chance of rain after 4am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday NNE wind 12 to 15 kt increasing to 17 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 26 kt. Rain before 11am, then rain and snow. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night N wind 14 to 19 kt decreasing to 8 to 13 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 29 kt. Rain and snow before midnight, then a chance of snow. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day NW wind around 8 kt. A slight chance of flurries. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night NNW wind 8 to 10 kt. A slight chance of flurries before midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NW wind around 12 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NW wind 5 to 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday W wind 6 to 9 kt becoming SW 9 to 12 kt in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SW wind 11 to 13 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE