Coastal low to bring gusty winds and periods of heavy rain to New England while moderate to heavy rain is expected to linger in the Pacific Northwest and northern California
A coastal low will slowly intensify before moving out of the New England area. Increasingly heavy rainfall will impact the region through Friday. In addition, winds will increase and seas will become rough as the storm gradually intensifies just off the coast. Out west, a cold front approaching the Pacific Northwest will bring moderate to heavy rain to Washington, Oregon and northern California.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
17NM ESE New Haven CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE DEVELOPS OVER THE DELMARVA OVERNIGHT...AND MEANDERS
SOUTH OF LONG ISLAND THROUGH MIDWEEK. THE LOW THEN TRACKS
NORTHEASTWARD INTO THE CANADIAN MARITIME PROVINCES LATE THIS WEEK
AND INTO THE WEEKEND. A COLD FRONT APPROACHES SATURDAY...THEN
CROSSES THE AREA SATURDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN FROM THE
WEST ON SUNDAY.
- Overnight NE wind 7 to 9 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday NNE wind 10 to 13 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 11am. Patchy fog before noon. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night N wind 14 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Periods of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday NNE wind around 14 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night N wind around 14 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind 12 to 14 kt. A slight chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind 8 to 13 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NW wind 8 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night WNW wind 8 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE