Severe Storms and Heavy Rain Possible Later This Afternoon Into Tonight
A few severe storms with damaging winds and large hail are expected later today from parts of Illinois into lower Michigan. A somewhat longer-duration severe storm threat is expected this afternoon into tonight from the Kansas/Oklahoma border region into southern Missouri, where a couple tornadoes will also be possible.
17NM ESE New Haven CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisWEAK HIGH PRESSURE REMAINS OVER THE REGION TONIGHT IN THE WAKE OF A
SURFACE TROUGH. A COLD FRONT THEN APPROACHES DURING TUESDAY BEFORE
PASSING THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN FOR THE LATTER
HALF OF THE WEEK. ANOTHER COLD FRONT WILL IMPACT THE REGION THIS
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers and thunderstorms before 9pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming WSW around 6 kt in the morning. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night WSW wind around 7 kt becoming WNW after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 11pm and 3am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday NNW wind around 9 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night SSW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday SSW wind 5 to 8 kt increasing to 10 to 13 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night SSW wind 7 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE