Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 3 mph
- Barometer30.02 in (1016.6 mb)
- Dewpoint38°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Williamsport-Lycoming County Airport (KIPT)
Lat: 41.26 Lon: -76.92 Elev: 520ft.
3 Miles N Waterville PA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain before 1pm, then snow and sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet after 4pm. High near 37. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tonight Snow, freezing rain, and sleet, becoming all snow after 10pm. Low around 26. North wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 32. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Sunday A chance of snow, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Snow and sleet likely before 1am, then freezing rain. Low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Lycoming, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE