Major nor'easter expected to bring heavy snow, blizzard conditions to Northeast
A storm system off the East Coast will continue to strengthen as it develops into a major nor'easter on Monday. As the storm moves up the coast, it is expected to bring snowfall of 1-3 feet or more to many parts of the Northeast through Tuesday evening, including New York City and Boston. Strong, gusty winds will combine with the snow to create blizzard conditions along and near the coast.
234NM NW Baltimore MD
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 12:23 pm EST Jan 26, 2015
Forecast Valid: 2pm EST Jan 26, 2015-6pm EST Feb 1, 2015
- This Afternoon NE wind around 16 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. Snow likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NE wind 13 to 15 kt. A chance of snow showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday N wind 10 to 14 kt. A chance of snow showers before 2pm, then a chance for flurries. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night N wind 6 to 9 kt becoming WNW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday W wind around 7 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming SSE after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SSE wind 6 to 9 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Snow likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night N wind 7 to 10 kt becoming NW 13 to 16 kt after midnight. Snow likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind 14 to 16 kt. A chance of snow showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
WAVES OMITTED DUE TO THE NEARSHORE WATERS BEING MOSTLY ICE COVERED.
SEE LAKE ERIE OPEN LAKES FORECAST FOR WEDNESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.
THE WATER TEMPERATURE OFF TOLEDO IS 33 DEGREES...OFF CLEVELAND 34 DEGREES
AND OFF ERIE 33 DEGREES.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE