Calm, but cold conditions move into eastern, southern U.S. behind storm
The late-season winter storm that brought snow and ice to parts of the eastern and southern U.S. has moved offshore and in its wake high pressure and arctic air will settle in. Temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal on Friday across these regions. Meanwhile, light snow showers are possible across parts of the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes.
2NM NNW Erie PA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:23 am EST Mar 6, 2015
Forecast Valid: 1pm EST Mar 6, 2015-6pm EDT Mar 12, 2015
- This Afternoon SW wind 12 to 14 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SSW wind 12 to 15 kt increasing to 15 to 18 kt after midnight. A slight chance of snow after 3am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SW wind 16 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. Snow showers likely, mainly between noon and 3pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night W wind 16 to 20 kt. A chance of light snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday W wind 11 to 16 kt. A chance of light snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SW wind 7 to 10 kt increasing to 11 to 14 kt after midnight. A chance of light snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday WSW wind 9 to 14 kt. A chance of light snow before 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SW wind 7 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SW wind 10 to 14 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
WAVES OMITTED DUE TO THE NEARSHORE WATERS BEING MOSTLY ICE COVERED.
SEE LAKE ERIE OPEN LAKES FORECAST FOR SUNDAY THROUGH TUESDAY.
THE WATER TEMPERATURE OFF TOLEDO IS 34 DEGREES...OFF CLEVELAND 34
DEGREES AND OFF ERIE 33 DEGREES.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE