Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM NNW Erie PA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 12:05 am EDT Oct 31, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2am EDT Oct 31, 2014-6pm EST Nov 6, 2014
- Overnight SSW wind around 8 kt. A slight chance of showers. Waves around 1 ft.
- Friday SSW wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Waves around 1 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming N 5 to 9 kt in the evening. Showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NNE wind around 21 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. Showers. Waves 4 ft building to 6 ft.
- Saturday Night N wind 19 to 21 kt, with gusts as high as 27 kt. A chance of rain and snow showers, mainly before 1am. Waves 5 to 6 ft.
- Sunday N wind 10 to 14 kt becoming W in the afternoon. A slight chance of rain and snow showers before 7am. Waves 4 ft subsiding to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night W wind 11 to 13 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday SSW wind around 14 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 3 to 4 ft.
- Monday Night SW wind 13 to 16 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves around 4 ft.
SEE LAKE ERIE OPEN LAKES FORECAST FOR SUNDAY THROUGH TUESDAY.
THE WATER TEMPERATURE OFF TOLEDO IS 52 DEGREES...OFF CLEVELAND 57
DEGREES AND OFF ERIE 56 DEGREES.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE