Severe weather possible for parts of eastern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon & evening across parts of the Ohio Valley, Appalachians & eastern Great Lakes, from eastern Kentucky northeastward to central New York. The main threat will be strong, damaging wind gusts. Isolated strong to severe storms will also be possible across parts of the southern Plains & lower Miss. Valley.
3NM NNW Erie PA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:16 pm EDT Sep 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6pm EDT Sep 2, 2014-6pm EDT Sep 9, 2014
- Tonight W wind 7 to 12 kt becoming SSW after midnight. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10pm. Waves around 1 ft.
- Wednesday SSW wind around 8 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. Sunny. Waves around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 5 to 8 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday S wind around 9 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night S wind around 9 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SSW wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves around 1 ft.
- Friday Night W wind around 10 kt becoming N after midnight. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday N wind 8 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind around 8 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves around 1 ft.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR THUNDERSTORMS.
SEE LAKE ERIE OPEN LAKES FORECAST FOR FRIDAY THROUGH SUNDAY.
THE WATER TEMPERATURE OFF TOLEDO IS 72 DEGREES...OFF CLEVELAND 69
DEGREES AND OFF ERIE 73 DEGREES.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE