Severe weather possible across parts of New York state and New England
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Thursday afternoon across parts of upstate New York and into northern New England. Isolated large hail and locally-damaging wind gusts will be the main threats with any storms that develop.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM SSW Buffalo NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:42 pm EDT Jul 31, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6pm EDT Jul 31, 2014-6pm EDT Aug 7, 2014
- Tonight WSW wind 8 to 13 kt becoming S after midnight. Partly cloudy. Waves 3 ft subsiding to 1 ft.
- Friday SSW wind 8 to 11 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves around 1 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SE around 6 kt after midnight. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday S wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NNE wind around 7 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W 5 to 8 kt in the morning. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night WSW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE