Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening for parts of the central Plains and mid-Mississippi Valley, including parts of southern Nebraska and eastern Kansas, northern Oklahoma and western Missouri. Thunderstorms with large hail, locally-damaging wind and a tornado or two are likely across these areas.
4NM SSW Buffalo NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:38 pm EDT Oct 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3pm EDT Oct 1, 2014-6pm EDT Oct 7, 2014
- This Afternoon ENE wind around 7 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight ENE wind 5 to 8 kt becoming ESE after midnight. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S around 6 kt in the morning. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 5 to 9 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SSE wind 12 to 15 kt increasing to 16 to 19 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. A chance of showers, mainly after 4pm. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night SSE wind 14 to 17 kt becoming SW after midnight. Showers likely, mainly after 7pm. Waves 2 ft building to 4 ft.
- Saturday WSW wind 13 to 18 kt. A chance of showers. Waves around 4 ft.
- Saturday Night SW wind around 17 kt becoming W after midnight. A chance of showers. Waves around 5 ft.
- Sunday WSW wind around 19 kt. A chance of showers. Waves around 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE