A Moderate Risk of Severe Thunderstorms is Forecast This Evening and Tonight
Damaging winds and large hail are likely from North Dakota into western and northern Minnesota this evening into tonight. Some wind gusts could be particularly damaging. Storms are also possible over the Texas panhandle and the Carolinas.
4NM SSW Buffalo NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:38 am EDT Jul 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am EDT Jul 22, 2014-6pm EDT Jul 28, 2014
- Today Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming WSW 5 to 7 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SSW wind 5 to 8 kt increasing to 10 to 13 kt after midnight. A chance of showers, mainly after 5am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SW wind 9 to 14 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 21 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11am, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 11am and noon, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night NNW wind 6 to 10 kt. A slight chance of showers before 7pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NNE wind around 10 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW around 6 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming WNW around 6 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night W wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SW wind 5 to 7 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR THUNDERSTORMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE