Severe Storms and Heavy Rain Possible Later This Afternoon Into Tonight
A few severe storms with damaging winds and large hail are expected later today from parts of Illinois into lower Michigan. A somewhat longer-duration severe storm threat is expected this afternoon into tonight from the Kansas/Oklahoma border region into southern Missouri, where a couple tornadoes will also be possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM SSW Buffalo NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:39 pm EDT Sep 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6pm EDT Sep 1, 2014-6pm EDT Sep 8, 2014
- Tonight S wind 6 to 9 kt increasing to 10 to 13 kt after midnight. A chance of showers, mainly before 1am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday WSW wind around 13 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly between 11am and 4pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Waves around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night WSW wind 5 to 8 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 7pm. Waves around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming WSW 5 to 10 kt in the morning. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday S wind 5 to 9 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night S wind 6 to 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SW wind 11 to 14 kt increasing to 15 to 18 kt in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night WSW wind 7 to 11 kt becoming NNW after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR THUNDERSTORMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE