Developing storm will spread rain across eastern U.S.; thunderstorms in the Southeast
A storm system developing in the South will move up the Mississippi River Valley on Sunday bringing rainfall to much of the eastern U.S., along with thunderstorms in the southeastern states. Some of the thunderstorms in the Southeast could produce large hail, damaging wind and heavy rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM SSW Buffalo NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:39 am EST Nov 23, 2014
Forecast Valid: 1pm EST Nov 23, 2014-6pm EST Nov 29, 2014
- This Afternoon SSE wind around 9 kt. Scattered showers, mainly before 2pm. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tonight SSE wind 10 to 13 kt increasing to 15 to 18 kt after midnight. Rain. Waves 1 ft or less building to 2 ft.
- Monday S wind 16 to 21 kt increasing to 22 to 27 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 48 kt. Showers likely, mainly after 3pm. Waves 2 ft building to 6 ft.
- Monday Night SW wind around 31 kt, with gusts as high as 50 kt. A chance of rain showers, mainly after 1am. Waves 8 to 9 ft.
- Tuesday WSW wind 24 to 28 kt, with gusts as high as 34 kt. A chance of rain and snow showers. Waves 7 to 8 ft.
- Tuesday Night WSW wind 12 to 15 kt decreasing to 9 to 12 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 kt. A chance of snow showers. Waves 5 ft subsiding to 3 ft.
- Wednesday WSW wind 7 to 10 kt. A chance of snow showers. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night WSW wind around 6 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Waves around 1 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE