Powerful nor'easter continues to affect areas across Northeast
The powerful nor'easter that brought moderate to heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions to the Northeast on Monday will continue to affect the region on Tuesday, with heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected from eastern Long Island to Maine as the system slowly moves to the northeast. Snow and strong winds will being tapering off from south to north Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
132NM W Rippleton NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:39 am EST Jan 28, 2015
Forecast Valid: 10am EST Jan 28, 2015-6pm EST Feb 3, 2015
- Today WSW wind around 7 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SSW wind around 6 kt becoming SE after midnight. Increasing clouds. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SSE wind 9 to 14 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 22 kt. Snow showers, mainly after noon. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SW wind around 12 kt becoming WNW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 23 kt. Snow showers, mainly before 4am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind 12 to 17 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. A chance of snow showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night WNW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW after midnight. A chance of snow showers before 9pm, then a chance for flurries. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday W wind 6 to 9 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night WSW wind 7 to 10 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SW wind 8 to 12 kt. Snow likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
WAVES OMITTED DUE TO THE LAKE BEING MOSTLY ICE COVERED.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE