Oppressive heat and humidity building into the central and southeast U.S.
A heat wave is building into parts of the central and southeast U.S. this week. The combination of heat and humidity will lead to dangerous heat indices, especially in parts of the central Mississippi River Valley where an Excessive Heat Warning is in effect. Heat Advisories are in effect elsewhere across the region. Relief is not expected for several days.
4NM SSW Buffalo NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:38 pm EDT Aug 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11pm EDT Aug 20, 2014-6pm EDT Aug 27, 2014
- Overnight S wind around 7 kt. Scattered showers, mainly after 1am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday S wind 6 to 9 kt becoming WSW 10 to 13 kt in the afternoon. Scattered showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers and thunderstorms before midnight, then a slight chance of showers between midnight and 4am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers between 10am and 11am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night ENE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight, then a slight chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night E wind around 7 kt becoming SSE after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SE wind around 7 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SE wind 5 to 8 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR THUNDERSTORMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE