Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 11 km/h
- Barometer30.29 in (1030.0 mb)
- Dewpoint-14°C (6°F)
- Wind Chill-17°C (1°F)
Current conditions at
Chamberlain Municipal Airport (K9V9)
Lat: 43.8 Lon: -99.32 Elev: 1739ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -13. South wind 10 to 15 km/h becoming west in the evening.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 0. South southwest wind 5 to 10 km/h.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -13. Calm wind becoming north northeast 5 to 10 km/h after midnight.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -8. North northeast wind 10 to 20 km/h.
- Friday Night Cloudy, with a low around -14. North wind 15 to 20 km/h becoming north northwest 5 to 10 km/h after midnight.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -8.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -16.
- Sunday A slight chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near -6. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 2.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -1.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near -1. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Brule County, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE