Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.15 in
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Waterville Automatic Weather Observing / Reporting (KWVL)
Lat: 44.54 Lon: -69.69 Elev: 331ft.
9 Miles WNW Kingfield ME
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Thursday A chance of freezing drizzle before 9am, then a chance of freezing rain between 9am and 2pm, then rain likely after 2pm. Patchy fog after 2pm. Patchy freezing fog between 8am and 2pm. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a high near 38. South wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Thursday Night Rain. Low around 27. South wind around 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday Rain and snow, mainly before 2pm. High near 32. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Friday Night A chance of snow between midnight and 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 13. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23. Breezy.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8. Breezy.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 18. Blustery.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Monday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 25. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Night Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. Breezy.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 16. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Franklin, ME
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE