Severe weather possible across parts of New York state and New England
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Thursday afternoon across parts of upstate New York and into northern New England. Isolated large hail and locally-damaging wind gusts will be the main threats with any storms that develop.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
27NM SE Fairport MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:02 am CDT Jul 31, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11am CDT Jul 31, 2014-6pm CDT Aug 6, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OF 29.8 INCHES OVER EASTERN ONTARIO WILL
STEER A WEAK COLD FRONT SOUTHWARD INTO THE NORTHERN PART OF THE
LAKE TONIGHT. ANOTHER WEAK COLD FRONT WILL MOVE SOUTH OVER THE
LAKE EARLY SATURDAY WITH HIGH PRESSURE AROUND 30.1 INCHES MOVING
OVER THE LAKE SATURDAY NIGHT AND EARLY SUNDAY. LOW PRESSURE AROUND
29.7 INCHES IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP OVER THE NORTHERN TO CENTRAL
PLAINS DURING TUESDAY AND APPROACH THE GREAT LAKES DURING THE
MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Winds could gust as high as 10 kt. Isolated showers between 2pm and 4pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers after 10pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SW wind around 10 kt. A slight chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming W after midnight. A chance of showers. Waves around 1 ft.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE