Severe storms and heavy rain possible from mid-South to Upstate New York on Tuesday
Thunderstorms are expected to develop along and ahead of a cold front from the Tennessee Valley to Upstate New York on Tuesday. The storms will be capable of producing damaging wind gusts and heavy rainfall that could lead to isolated flash flooding.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
27NM SE Fairport MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:02 am CDT Sep 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am CDT Sep 2, 2014-6pm CDT Sep 8, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OF 29.2 INCHES ACROSS FAR SOUTHERN
HUDSON BAY WILL MOVE FURTHER NORTHEAST AWAY FROM THE LAKES. THE
COOL FRONT THAT PASSED THE LAKE VERY EARLY THIS MORNING WILL
WEAKEN AND DIMINISH...WITH WINDS RETURNING SOUTHERLY AGAIN BY
AFTERNOON. WEAK HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.1 INCHES WILL MOVE ACROSS THE
OHIO RIVER VALLEY TONIGHT...NOT INFLUENCING THE LAKE MUCH. LOW
PRESSURE OF 29.6 INCHES WILL ENTER THE NORTHERN PLAINS ON THURSDAY
MORNING AND MOVE TO JUST NORTH OF THE GREAT LAKES BY THURSDAY
NIGHT WHILE DEEPENING TO 29.4 INCHES. THIS WILL STEER A STRONG
COLD FRONT DOWN THE LAKE DURING FRIDAY. HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.2
INCHES WILL THEN BUILD ACROSS THE REGION BY SATURDAY NIGHT.
- Today W wind 5 to 15 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Waves around 1 ft.
- Tonight SW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves around 1 ft.
- Wednesday SSW wind 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night S wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1am. Waves 3 to 4 ft.
- Thursday S wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 4 to 6 ft. occasionally to 8ft.
- Thursday Night SSW wind 15 to 20 kt becoming W after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Waves 4 to 6 ft. occasionally to 8ft.
- Friday WNW wind around 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves around 2 ft.
- Friday Night N wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves around 3 ft.
- Saturday N wind around 10 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE