Coastal low to bring gusty winds and periods of heavy rain to New England while moderate to heavy rain is expected to linger in the Pacific Northwest and northern California
A coastal low will slowly intensify before moving out of the New England area. Increasingly heavy rainfall will impact the region through Friday. In addition, winds will increase and seas will become rough as the storm gradually intensifies just off the coast. Out west, a cold front approaching the Pacific Northwest will bring moderate to heavy rain to Washington, Oregon and northern California.
27NM SE Fairport MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:02 pm CDT Oct 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11pm CDT Oct 21, 2014-6pm CDT Oct 28, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OF 30.4 INCHES EXTENDS FROM NORTHERN
QUEBEC THROUGH THE WESTERN GREAT LAKES AND WILL CONTINUE TO BUILD
OVER THE REGION THROUGH WEDNESDAY. AS THE RIDGE MOVES TO THE EAST
OF THE LAKE WEDNESDAY NIGHT...A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE AVERAGING
29.9 INCHES WILL CROSS THE CENTRAL PLAINS...REACHING THE UPPER
MISSISSIPPI VALLEY BY THURSDAY MORNING. THIS WILL SET UP A
STRENGTHENING SOUTHERLY GRADIENT OVER THE LAKE. WINDS WILL REMAIN
GENERALLY SOUTHERLY UNTIL AN ASSOCIATED WEAK COLD FRONT PUSHES
ACROSS THE LAKE THURSDAY NIGHT.
- Overnight ENE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SE after midnight. Clear. Waves around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SE wind 5 to 15 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Mostly clear. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday SSW wind 15 to 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 3 to 5 ft.
- Thursday Night SSW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming WNW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 1am. Waves 5 ft subsiding to 2 ft.
- Friday W wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night WNW wind 5 to 15 kt becoming WSW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday W wind around 15 kt. Sunny. Waves around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night WNW wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Mostly clear. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE