Chance of severe thunderstorms in the Plains on Friday
Scattered strong to severe storms will be possible from northeast Colorado and northwest Kansas into Nebraska Friday afternoon and evening, then overnight across portions of the central and northern Plains. Large hail and strong wind gusts will be the primary threats, although a tornado cannot be ruled out.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
27NM SE Fairport MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:53 pm CDT Aug 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10pm CDT Aug 21, 2014-6pm CDT Aug 28, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisAN ELONGATED AREA OF LOW PRESSURE OF 29.7 INCHES FROM
MINNESOTA SOUTH TO THE SOUTHERN HIGH PLAINS WILL MOVE VERY LITTLE
THROUGH SATURDAY. A WEAK WARM FRONT STRETCHING FROM CENTRAL
INDIANA NORTHWEST TO NORTHERN IOWA WILL ALSO LARGELY REMAIN
NEARLY STATIONARY. THE LOW PRESSURE OVER THE PLAINS WILL
CONSOLIDATE INTO A 29.6 LOW AND MOVE NORTHWARD TO NEAR LAKE
WINNIPEG BY SUNDAY NIGHT. ANOTHER LOW PRESSURE AROUND 29.7 INCHES
WILL THEN ADVANCE FROM THE CENTRAL PLAINS TO THE GREAT LAKES
REGION DURING THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK.
- Tonight E wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1am. Patchy fog. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday ESE wind around 10 kt becoming ENE in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1pm. Waves around 1 ft.
- Friday Night E wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves around 1 ft.
- Saturday E wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night ENE wind around 10 kt becoming ESE after midnight. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves around 1 ft.
- Sunday ESE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming S after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday SSW wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves around 2 ft.
- Monday Night SSW wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE