Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 5 MPH
- Barometer30.26 in (1024.6 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Portland, Portland International Airport (KPDX)
Lat: 45.59578 Lon: -122.60917 Elev: 20ft.
Portland International Airport OR
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Areas of freezing fog after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. East wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Thursday Rain or freezing rain after 10am, becoming all rain after 1pm. Areas of freezing fog before 10am. High near 38. Southeast wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Showers. Low around 37. South wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 45. South wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Friday Night Areas of fog after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Calm wind.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 46.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Monday A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Tuesday A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Wednesday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Portland Metro Area, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE