Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening for parts of the central Plains and mid-Mississippi Valley, including parts of southern Nebraska and eastern Kansas, northern Oklahoma and western Missouri. Thunderstorms with large hail, locally-damaging wind and a tornado or two are likely across these areas.
4NM ESE Marquette MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:27 pm EDT Oct 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7pm EDT Oct 1, 2014-6pm EDT Oct 8, 2014
- Tonight S wind 10 to 20 kt. A chance of showers, mainly after 10pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers, mainly after 5pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, then rain and possibly a thunderstorm after 11pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday WNW wind 5 to 10 kt increasing to 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less building to 3 ft.
- Friday Night WNW wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 4 to 6 ft.
- Saturday NW wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 7 to 8 ft.
- Saturday Night WNW wind around 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 5 to 7 ft.
- Sunday W wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Sunday Night W wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE