Nor'easter to continue impacting Northeast through Thanksgiving
A nor'easter making its way up the East Coast will bring widespread precipitation from Florida to Maine on Wednesday into Thursday, which could significantly impact Thanksgiving travel across the region. Rain is expected closer to the coast, with snow falling inland and at higher elevations, especially across the central Appalachians, Northeast and New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM ENE Marquette MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:41 pm EST Nov 26, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm EST Nov 26, 2014-6pm EST Dec 2, 2014
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of snow showers after 5pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight WNW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming N 20 to 25 kt in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 30 kt. Snow showers, mainly after 10pm. Waves 1 ft or less building to 9 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day NNW wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Snow showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Waves 9 ft subsiding to 5 ft.
- Thursday Night WNW wind around 10 kt becoming SW after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Waves 5 ft subsiding to 1 ft or less.
- Friday S wind 10 to 15 kt. Snow likely, mainly after 1pm. Waves around 1 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SSW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night S wind 5 to 10 kt becoming W after midnight. A chance of snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Snow showers likely. Waves 2 ft building to 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE