Storm system to bring winter weather from the Plains to New England through Monday
A storm system spinning over the central U.S. will set the stage for a widespread precipitation event across the central and eastern U.S. through Monday. A wide swath of accumulating snow will extend from Nebraska to New England. Just to the south of this area of snow, marginal temps will lead to the possibility of a transition zone of sleet and freezing rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM ENE Marquette MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:13 pm EST Jan 31, 2015
Forecast Valid: 8pm EST Jan 31, 2015-6pm EST Feb 7, 2015
- Tonight NNW wind 10 to 20 kt becoming E after midnight. Snow showers likely. Waves 4 to 5 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Snow showers likely, mainly before 11am. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NW 10 to 15 kt in the evening. Scattered snow showers, mainly between 10pm and 4am. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Monday WNW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. A slight chance of snow showers before 7am. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night WSW wind 10 to 15 kt. A slight chance of snow showers. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday WNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered snow showers after 1pm. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night WNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered snow showers. Waves around 2 ft.
- Wednesday WNW wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Scattered snow showers. Waves 3 to 5 ft.
- Wednesday Night NW wind around 10 kt. Scattered snow showers. Waves 3 to 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE