Developing storm will spread rain across eastern U.S.; thunderstorms in the Southeast
A storm system developing in the South will move up the Mississippi River Valley on Sunday bringing rainfall to much of the eastern U.S., along with thunderstorms in the southeastern states. Some of the thunderstorms in the Southeast could produce large hail, damaging wind and heavy rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM ENE Marquette MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:42 am EST Nov 23, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6am EST Nov 23, 2014-6pm EST Nov 29, 2014
- Today S wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of drizzle, then a chance of rain after 4pm. Areas of fog after 7am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SSE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NE after midnight. Rain. Areas of fog. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday NNW wind 5 to 15 kt increasing to 20 to 30 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 kt. Rain before 10am, then snow, possibly mixed with rain between 10am and 1pm, then snow after 1pm. Areas of fog before 10am. Waves 1 ft or less building to 10 ft.
- Monday Night NNW wind 20 to 30 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Snow. Waves 14 ft subsiding to 11 ft.
- Tuesday NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Snow showers likely before 1pm. Waves 8 ft subsiding to 4 ft.
- Tuesday Night WSW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday SSW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming ESE in the afternoon. A chance of snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night ENE wind around 10 kt becoming NNW after midnight. Snow likely. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day NNW wind 10 to 15 kt. Snow showers likely. Waves 3 ft building to 7 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE