The flash flooding threat shifts slightly east on Friday while both coasts and Hawaii continue high surf issues due to tropical systems
The potential for heavy rainfall and flash flooding will shift east on Friday across parts of the Upper Midwest into the eastern Great Lakes. Meanwhile, portions of both the East and West Coasts, as well as Hawaii, will continue to have high surf and rip current potential due to Hurricane Cristobal and Tropical Storm Marie respectively. Caution should be used on area beaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM ENE Marquette MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:13 am EDT Aug 29, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9am EDT Aug 29, 2014-6pm EDT Sep 4, 2014
- Today SSE wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 1pm, then scattered showers and thunderstorms between 1pm and 5pm, then scattered showers after 5pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight S wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after midnight. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NE wind 5 to 15 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Patchy fog. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2am. Patchy fog. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Areas of fog before 11am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SSE wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Labor Day S wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely after 8am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night W wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday WSW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE