Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.92 in (1012.9 mb)
- Dewpoint46°F (8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56°N Lon: 86.75°W Elev: 630ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Patchy fog. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 50. Calm wind.
- Tuesday A 40 percent chance of showers after 4pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a high near 74. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 7pm and 1am, then a chance of showers after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 58. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Wednesday A 40 percent chance of showers before 1pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 50 by 5pm. Breezy, with a southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30. Blustery, with a northwest wind 10 to 20 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 53.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 46.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 63.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 60.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE