Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 9 mph
- Barometer30.18 in (1022.3 mb)
- Dewpoint40°F (4°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill38°F (3°C)
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56 Lon: -86.75 Elev: 630ft.
Mountain Brook AL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain. Patchy fog. High near 53. Southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tonight Rain. Low around 53. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Rain. High near 54. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Monday Night Rain. Low around 43. North wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday A 50 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 53.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 42.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 55.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE