Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 16 G 23 mph
- Barometer30.08 in (1021.9 mb)
- Dewpoint-4°F (-20°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-17°F (-27°C)
Current conditions at
Sioux Falls, Foss Field (KFSD)
Lat: 43.59 Lon: -96.74 Elev: 1434ft.
Sioux Falls SD
7 Day Forecast
- Today Patchy blowing snow before noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 6. Wind chill values as low as -20. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -12. Wind chill values as low as -26. West northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Sunny and cold, with a high near -1. Wind chill values as low as -29. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -17. Wind chill values as low as -27. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 4. Calm wind becoming east southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 0. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 12. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 0. Blustery.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 14.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 15.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Minnehaha County, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE