Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 6 mph
- Barometer30.10 in (1021.2 mb)
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Sioux Falls, Foss Field (KFSD)
Lat: 43.59°N Lon: 96.74°W Elev: 1434ft.
Sioux Falls SD
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 42. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. Calm wind becoming west southwest around 5 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 60. West southwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest after midnight.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 51. Breezy, with a northwest wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Minnehaha County, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE