Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Mostly Cloudy with Haze and Windy
- Wind SpeedN 30 G 38 mph
- Barometer29.63 in (1003.5 mb)
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill43°F (6°C)
Current conditions at
Lawrence Municipal Airport (KLWC)
Lat: 39.02°N Lon: 95.22°W Elev: 833ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain and snow likely before 1am, then a chance of snow between 1am and 3am. Some thunder is also possible. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 31. Windy, with a north wind 30 to 35 mph decreasing to 25 to 30 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. Breezy, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast in the evening.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 65. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 38. South wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 62.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 48. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 61.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 42.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Douglas County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE