Several Weather Hazards Forecast for Saturday Including Severe Weather, Winter Weather, Heavy Rainfall and Flooding.
A mixed bag of hazards will be possible across much of the U.S. on Saturday. Severe weather with damaging winds and tornadoes will be possible from the Gulf Coast to the Ohio Valley. Heavy rainfall could cause flooding from the Ark-La-Tex into the Lower Great Lakes. And winter weather will impact the Northwest as well as locations from the southern Plains to New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 9 mph
- Barometer29.86 in (1012.2 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
- Wind Chill14°F (-10°C)
Current conditions at
Lawrence Municipal Airport (KLWC)
Lat: 39.02 Lon: -95.22 Elev: 833ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A chance of freezing rain and sleet, mainly after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 20. North wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Freezing rain and sleet, mainly after noon. High near 30. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 21. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of snow before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 0.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Christmas Day Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Douglas County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE