Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 14 mph
- Barometer30.22 in (1023.9 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
Harrisburg, Capital City Airport (KCXY)
Lat: 40.23 Lon: -76.85 Elev: 348ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Tonight A slight chance of snow after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 22. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 7am. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 1am, then snow and freezing rain likely. Low around 28. Northeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cumberland County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE