Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Partly Cloudy with Haze
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.49 in (998.7 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
Current conditions at
Harrisburg, Capital City Airport (KCXY)
Lat: 40.23°N Lon: 76.85°W Elev: 348ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely, then rain and thunderstorms after 2pm. Some of the storms could be severe. High near 58. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain showers before 11pm, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 18. Windy, with a northwest wind 25 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as zero. Windy, with a northwest wind 23 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16. Northwest wind 11 to 16 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 22 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48. South wind 5 to 11 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Dauphin County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE