Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 6 mph
- Barometer30.17 in (1021.9 mb)
- Dewpoint33°F (1°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill32°F (0°C)
Current conditions at
Harrisburg, Capital City Airport (KCXY)
Lat: 40.23 Lon: -76.85 Elev: 348ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain before 2am, then snow showers likely. Low around 32. East wind 6 to 9 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 38. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 31. North wind around 6 mph becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain and sleet before 1am, then rain or freezing rain. Low around 29. East wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Dauphin County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE