Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 13 G 15 MPH
- Dewpoint0°F (-18°C)
- Wind Chill-13°F (-25°C)
Current conditions at
Craters of the Moon (CRA)
Lat: 43.42912 Lon: -113.53826 Elev: 5996ft.
Craters of the Moon National Monument ID
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow likely, mainly before 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 13. Wind chill values as low as -15. Northeast wind 7 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8. Wind chill values as low as -25. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west northwest in the evening.
- Sunday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 8. Wind chill values as low as -25. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light and variable.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7. Wind chill values as low as -23. North northeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming northwest in the evening.
- Monday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 8. West northwest wind around 6 mph becoming south southwest in the morning.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 15.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Upper Snake River Plain, ID
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE