Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 8 mph
- Barometer29.71 in
- Dewpoint23°F (-5°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Staunton / Shenandoah (KSHD)
Lat: 38.28°N Lon: 78.85°W Elev: 1201ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 40. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 70. West wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. West wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 8am. High near 65. South wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 11 to 16 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night A chance of showers before 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Northwest wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 37. Breezy.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 19.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 57.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 60.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rockbridge, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE