Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 9 mph
- Barometer30.30 in
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Staunton / Shenandoah (KSHD)
Lat: 38.28 Lon: -78.85 Elev: 1201ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 40. Light west wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Light west wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the evening.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. West wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. Southwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain and snow before 9pm, then a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Snow and sleet likely before 11am, then rain. High near 38. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow showers. Low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday A chance of sprinkles and flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rockbridge, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE