Strong winds in the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley
A developing storm system in the Upper Midwest will move through the Great Lakes into Canada on Monday. Winds will be gusty and strong around this system and extend from the Great Lakes to the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys. The strongest winds will be around Lake Ontario and Lake Erie, with gusts up to 60 mph in parts of Michigan, Ohio and Upstate New York where High Wind Warnings are in effect.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
14NM NW Dauphin Island AL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
SEAS ARE GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE
MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT
- Today WSW wind around 10 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight N wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NNE wind around 15 kt. A chance of showers, mainly after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night N wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain, mainly before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday N wind 5 to 10 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night W wind 10 to 15 kt. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thanksgiving Day N wind 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE