Winter storm will bring variety of hazards to parts of southern, eastern U.S.
A cold front moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of weather hazards from the southern Plains to New England on Wednesday. Rain is expected from Texas across parts of the Southeast and into the mid-Atlantic, with freezing rain possible along a band behind the cold front, which will move southeastward as the day progresses. Snow is expected from the southern Rockies to New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM NW Dauphin Island AL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
SEAS ARE GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE
MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT
- This Afternoon SSE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers. Areas of dense fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight S wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after midnight. Areas of dense fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming N 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. Rain likely, mainly before noon. Areas of dense fog before 9am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night N wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. A slight chance of rain before midnight. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday N wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NNE wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NNE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NNE 5 to 10 kt after midnight. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday NNE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE