Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 3 mph
- Barometer30.49 in (1032.4 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Baton Rouge Metropolitan, Ryan Field (KBTR)
Lat: 30.54 Lon: -91.15 Elev: 59ft.
3 Miles SSE Port Allen LA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 54. North wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 33. East wind around 5 mph.
- Friday A 10 percent chance of showers after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night Showers, mainly after 10pm. Patchy fog before 1am. Low around 57. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 69. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 60.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 66.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 42.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for East Baton Rouge Parish, LA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE