Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.75 in (1007.4 mb)
- Dewpoint60°F (16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Jacksonville International Airport (KJAX)
Lat: 30.43°N Lon: 81.7°W Elev: 39ft.
6 Miles ESE Jacksonville International Airport FL
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 20 percent chance of showers before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 84. Windy, with a southwest wind 14 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 44. Breezy, with a southwest wind 14 to 18 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 58. Breezy, with a northwest wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 40. North wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 66. Light and variable wind becoming east 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 48.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 75.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74.
- Sunday Night A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 58.
- Monday A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67.
- Monday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 67.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Duval County, FL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE