Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedSE 8 mph
- Barometer30.38 in (1029.0 mb)
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Jackson International Airport (KJAN)
Lat: 32.33 Lon: -90.08 Elev: 310ft.
6 Miles NNE Sanatorium MS
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 26. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 56. Light and variable wind becoming north 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 52. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. Calm wind.
- Friday A 40 percent chance of rain after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 54. Light east southeast wind becoming south southeast 5 to 10 mph in the morning. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Showers. Low around 52. South southeast wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 61. South wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. North northwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 53.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 58.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Simpson County, MS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE