Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 7 mph
- Barometer30.32 in (1026.9 mb)
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Mac Crenshaw Memorial Airport (KPRN)
Lat: 31.85 Lon: -86.61 Elev: 451ft.
6 Miles WNW Boykin AL
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 28. Wind chill values between 20 and 25. Light north wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 53. Wind chill values between 20 and 30 early. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 59. Light east wind becoming southeast 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Showers likely, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. Southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 70. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31. Calm wind.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 58.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 62.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 61.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wilcox County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE