Severe Weather, Wintry Weather and Flash Flooding all possible on Saturday
A complex and large storm system brings a variety of weather concerns to much of the country today. For parts of the Ohio, Tennessee and Mississippi River Valleys severe weather is possible. In these areas, the main threat is expected to be damaging winds with a few tornadoes possible. In parts of the Southern Plains, Midwest and New England wintry weather is expected.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 14 G 23 mph
- Barometer29.79 in (1008.6 mb)
- Dewpoint64°F (18°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Tupelo Regional Airport (KTUP)
Lat: 34.28 Lon: -88.77 Elev: 361ft.
4 Miles ENE Houlka MS
7 Day Forecast
- Today Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 76. Windy, with a south wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight Showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could be severe. Low around 56. Windy, with a southwest wind 15 to 25 mph decreasing to 5 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 67. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 45. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 24. North wind around 5 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 45. North northeast wind around 5 mph.
- Tuesday Night Clear, with a low around 23. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Christmas Day Sunny, with a high near 50.
- Wednesday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Thursday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Chickasaw County, MS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE