Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 12 mph
- Barometer30.10 in
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Tunica Municipal Airport (KUTA)
Lat: 34.68 Lon: -90.35 Elev: 194ft.
7 Miles ESE Pope MS
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 36. North wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Friday Rain before noon, then rain or freezing rain. Temperature falling to around 32 by 4pm. North northeast wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Friday Night A chance of freezing rain and sleet before midnight, then a slight chance of freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around 26. North wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday A slight chance of rain, freezing rain, and sleet after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night Rain, possibly mixed with freezing rain. Low around 30. North northeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.2 of an inch possible.
- Sunday Rain. High near 39. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain and sleet likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 31. East southeast wind around 5 mph becoming west northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Yalobusha County, MS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE