Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNNW 23 G 29 MPH
- Barometer30.11 in (1018.9 mb)
- Dewpoint35°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lompoc, Vandenberg Air Force Base (KVBG)
Lat: 34.72944 Lon: -120.57667 Elev: 367ft.
5 Miles NNE Vandenberg AFB CA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. Breezy, with a northwest wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph.
- Tonight Areas of frost after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 31. Blustery, with a north northeast wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
- Sunday Areas of frost before 10am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 53. North wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Night Areas of frost after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 27. North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Monday Areas of frost before 10am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 56. North northeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 62.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 63.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 39.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 64.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Santa Barbara County Central Coast, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE