Severe Weather, Wintry Weather and Flash Flooding all possible on Saturday
A complex and large storm system brings a variety of weather concerns to much of the country today. For parts of the Ohio, Tennessee and Mississippi River Valleys severe weather is possible. In these areas, the main threat is expected to be damaging winds with a few tornadoes possible. In parts of the Southern Plains, Midwest and New England wintry weather is expected.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedS 12 mph
- Barometer29.78 in (1007.9 mb)
- Dewpoint63°F (17°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
Current conditions at
Nashville International Airport (KBNA)
Lat: 36.12 Lon: -86.68 Elev: 581ft.
3 Miles ENE Smyrna TN
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a high near 72. South wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph.
- Tonight Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before midnight, then showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Some of the storms could be severe. Low around 60. Windy, with a south wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of showers before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 65. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 36. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. North northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Christmas Day Sunny, with a high near 47. Light south wind becoming south southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Thursday A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rutherford County, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE