Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 7 mph
- Barometer30.33 in
- Dewpoint33°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill33°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
Marion / Wytheville (KMKJ)
Lat: 36.9 Lon: -81.35 Elev: 2559ft.
3 Miles WNW Troutdale VA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. North wind around 9 mph.
- Tonight Rain likely before 4am, then rain, possibly mixed with freezing rain. Low around 31. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming southeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Sunday Rain or freezing rain before 1pm, then freezing rain between 1pm and 2pm, then rain after 2pm. High near 35. Southeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 35. Southeast wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain. High near 46. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Rain and snow showers likely before 11am, then a chance of rain showers between 11am and 4pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Smyth County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE