Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 3 mph
- Barometer30.29 in (1026.4 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lynchburg Regional Airport (KLYH)
Lat: 37.34 Lon: -79.2 Elev: 940ft.
Lynchburg Regional Airport VA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 45. Southwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 31. Calm wind.
- Saturday Snow before noon, then rain. High near 36. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain likely before 3am, then a slight chance of rain and snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 33. Light northwest wind. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 47. Light southwest wind becoming west 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 40.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 50.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 45.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Campbell County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE