Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 7 mph
- Barometer29.55 in (1000.0 mb)
- Dewpoint35°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill50°F (10°C)
Current conditions at
Lynchburg Regional Airport (KLYH)
Lat: 37.34°N Lon: 79.2°W Elev: 940ft.
Lynchburg Regional Airport VA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 3pm. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72. Breezy, with a light southwest wind increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight Showers likely, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 27. Windy, with a northwest wind 24 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind around 17 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 23. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 56. Light south wind becoming southwest 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 62.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Campbell County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE