Severe thunderstorms possible across parts of Texas and the Southeast into the weekend
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Friday afternoon and evening across parts of northwest TX into southern OK. On Saturday, the risk increases across parts of central TX and the TX Gulf Coast, with damaging winds and a few tornadoes possible. The risk decreases somewhat and moves to the Southeast on Sunday.
Read More... Humidity45% Wind SpeedE 6 mph Barometer30.35 in Dewpoint19°F (-7°C) Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Mount Vernon Automatic Weather Observing/Reporting (KMVN)
Lat: 38.33°N Lon: 88.87°W Elev: 479ft.
4 Miles SE Sesser IL 7 Day Forecast
Detailed Forecast Tonight A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. East southeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming south after midnight. Saturday A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. South wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. South wind around 9 mph. Sunday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 59. Southeast wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Sunday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 42. South wind 9 to 11 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Monday A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 47. West wind 9 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. West wind around 8 mph. Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. West wind 5 to 9 mph. Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. Calm wind becoming south southwest around 5 mph after midnight. Wednesday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 43. South wind 5 to 8 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph. Thanksgiving Day Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph. Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. North northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight. Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph in the afternoon.