Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 10 mph
- Barometer30.40 in
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Leesburg / Godfrey (KJYO)
Lat: 39.08 Lon: -77.57 Elev: 390ft.
3 Miles SSW Leesburg VA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Partly sunny, with a high near 29. West wind 9 to 14 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. East wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Snow likely before 1pm, then rain and snow. High near 37. East wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow. Low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Loudoun County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE