Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 20 G 29 mph
- Barometer30.16 in (1022.4 mb)
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility0.75 mi
- Wind Chill15°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 39.57°N Lon: 104.85°W Elev: 5883ft.
3 Miles W Castle Rock CO
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon Periods of snow showers with areas of blowing snow. Steady temperature around 24. Blustery, with a north wind 18 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tonight A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before 8pm. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 15. Blustery, with a north wind 7 to 17 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 49. West wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Clear, with a low around 24. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 8 mph in the evening.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 57. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Saturday A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 58.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Elbert/Central and East Douglas Counties Above 6000 Feet, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE