Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.67 in (1004.8 mb)
- Dewpoint38°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Wilmington, New Castle County Airport (KILG)
Lat: 39.68°N Lon: 75.6°W Elev: 74ft.
Rising Sun MD
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Light and variable wind.
- Wednesday A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. High near 65. East wind 5 to 11 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain showers before 11pm, then a chance of snow showers between 11pm and midnight. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 19. Windy, with a northwest wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 27 to 32 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 30. Windy, with a northwest wind 24 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light west after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cecil County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE