Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 9 mph
- Barometer30.56 in (1035.0 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Wilmington, New Castle County Airport (KILG)
Lat: 39.68 Lon: -75.6 Elev: 74ft.
Rising Sun MD
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow before 2pm, then snow and sleet between 2pm and 4pm, then snow after 4pm. High near 32. Northeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 2am, then rain or freezing rain between 2am and 3am, then rain after 3am. Low around 30. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 4pm. High near 42. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Tuesday A chance of snow, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cecil County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE