Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 5 mph
- Barometer30.34 in
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill12°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Garrett County Airport (K2G4)
Lat: 39.58 Lon: -79.34 Elev: 2933ft.
4 Miles NE Markleysburg PA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow before 2pm, then snow and sleet. High near 27. East wind 9 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tonight Freezing rain before 4am, then rain. Temperature rising to around 34 by 5am. Breezy, with a southeast wind 14 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Showers, mainly before 3pm. High near 41. South wind 10 to 14 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow showers after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 29. West wind 11 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fayette Ridges, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE