Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 16 mph
- Barometer30.19 in (1022.4 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
Far Rockaway NY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 23. West wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Wednesday Increasing clouds, with a high near 33. West wind around 16 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind around 14 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night A chance of flurries after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Saturday Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Breezy.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Blustery.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE