Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.67 in (1004.7 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71°N Lon: 74.17°W Elev: 10ft.
3 Miles SE Bayonne NJ
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 49. Light east wind.
- Wednesday Rain. High near 58. East wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 20. Windy, with a south wind 13 to 18 mph becoming northwest 25 to 30 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow showers before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Windy, with a northwest wind 30 to 33 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16. Blustery, with a west wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to 13 to 18 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richmond (Staten Is.), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE