Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 8 G 20 mph
- Barometer30.26 in (1024.6 mb)
- Dewpoint2°F (-17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
New York, La Guardia Airport (KLGA)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 11ft.
East Elmhurst NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind 11 to 14 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 33. West wind 14 to 16 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph becoming northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 33. Northeast wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow before 1am, then rain. Low around 31. Northeast wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of light rain, mainly before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE