Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 16 G 24 mph
- Barometer30.15 in (1021.0 mb)
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
New York, La Guardia Airport (KLGA)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 11ft.
College Point NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 30. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow before 10pm, then rain or freezing rain between 10pm and 4am, then rain after 4am. Temperature rising to around 37 by 1am. East wind 13 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Breezy, with a northwest wind 15 to 20 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21. Northwest wind 11 to 18 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE